Thursday, September 3, 2009

Spelling a challenge...


Another drive to music class.


To keep ourselves entertained, T and I played a spelling game. But she was getting frustrated as she only knows the spellings of a few words. And so, she began asking me just to see whether I could answer without hesitation. After all, she would not be able to say if the spelling was right or wrong.


She would say, "bridge" and I would spell it, then came "building", "police station" and so on until she decided I needed a real challenge. So she puffed herself up and said, "Now, spell Mahendra Singh Dhoni!"


My other half guffawed on hearing this story, apparently proud of his smart daughter, as he was convinced I would not know how to spell his name, what with him being a cricketer and all. Hmph.

1 comment:

  1. so did you spell it or not?
    and is the school teaching phonics? spelling is so much easier with that method.

    ReplyDelete