Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Labradog.

Tara and I were driving to paatu (Carnatic vocal) class yesterday and she was a bit bored during the drive. Desperate for a distraction, I spotted a man walking a Labrador Retriever outside his home and to distract her, I said, "oh look there, T, a DOG!". Unfortunately, she could not look in time and I had no intention of slowing down on a busy one-way and so I said, "It's Ok..." But like all curious kids, she asked "What kind of dog?How will it look?"

So I told her, "The dog was just like Sandy..." (MY late dog, whose pictures she has seen).

And so T came back with "Oh, you mean a Labravary?" I burst out laughing and so she corrected herself..."No, no, a labraDOG! No? No?"

Needless to say the rest of the drive was spent in laughing (by me) and some uncomprehending, sheepish laughter (by T).

She is five and I REFUSE to correct her little words because I want to cherish them forever...and for as long as I can...until she gets wise, that is.

2 comments:

  1. Personally I think your next dog should definitely be a Labravary :D You can take it for walks AND read at the same time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! don't correct her... i infact maintain a list of all the lisps and slips. too cute.

    ReplyDelete