Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't sweat, mom!

This was when I went up to T at her cot at bedtime for the usual good night kiss and 'I love you T / I love you Amma' routine.

Today, she was at her dramatic best and playing with Barbie and another Barbie-like doll, conducting an 'accented' conversation between them, American ishtyle. When I went up to her, we kissed, hugged and then she continued her dramatic tone and addressed me: "I love you, Amma, and I don't want you to go for your meetings...and I don't want you to verthukottify (sweat it out) at the computer."

It was all oh so earnest and sincere with a liberal dash of over-acting, that it was guffaw time for me. She then gave me a long, Bollywood style hug, and I was wondering at the extra display of affection...until I caught her staring dramatically at the mirror at her own reflection whilst lying on my shoulder. Self-gazing in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment