Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A 1000 years

I was feeding T her dinner and she was taking her own sweet time to chew her mouthfuls. A tedious affair it is, sometimes, to feed her meals. Then I thought for the umpteenth time, that at five and a half, she ought to be eating her meals by herself. (She knows how to -- it's just that this is the way she likes it).

I put on my best serious voice and asked her "T, when are you going to start eating on your own? Tell me."

T skipped a beat and then said, "After a thousand years!" I looked at her, but she had a straight face except for that tongue in her cheek...or was it just food??
We grinned at each other. Then I said, "Do you know how long a thousand years is?".
She smiled happily as if she were expecting such a question and said "I know. I won't be there, I will be gone. By then, I will be up in the sky. And you also. Then we will porandhify (be born) in some other families..."

And then, I persevered, "When are you going to eat on your own, T?"

She promptly replied this time: "Tomorrow!" and gave her what I call beatific smile.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment